Thursday, January 4, 2007

Boise State Marriage Proposal Ruins Football Game

They're lives are over...

Boise State’s Ian Johnson is a spur-of-the moment kind of guy, so why not pop the question to his girlfriend on the field in the frenzied aftermath of the Broncos’ 43-42 overtime victory in the Fiesta Bowl on Monday night?


Moments after the sophomore running back raced to the end zone for the game-winning, 2-point conversion, Johnson was thinking about asking his girlfriend, Broncos cheerleader Chrissy Popadics, to marry him.

He made the decision to go ahead with it, he said, “as soon as the camera got on me.”

“I had the ring in my room,” Johnson said. “I was waiting for us to go back to California but the moment just hit. There was no better time.”

His girlfriend held his hand tightly on the field and couldn’t quite believe what had happened.

“I’m in shock,” she said. “I’ve got all these emotions in me. I think I’m going to pass out.”

It took awhile or her to realize Johnson was asking her to marry her.

“I think it finally hit her and she finally figured it out,” he said, “and she eventually did say yes.”

No comments: